Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Bugaboo Bee - It's True Love

Oh, Bugaboo Bee, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

I have a confession: I have a stroller problem. I don't want to tell you how many different strollers I've owned over the past 6 years, but suffice it to say that I presently have 6 (and that's after I've sold several recently). Yes, I'm a strolleraholic! So without further ado, let me tell you about my absolute favorite, the Bugaboo Bee.

After owning countless strollers, I realized that my biggest complaint with all of them was their size/weight. No matter how wonderful their other features might be, the heft of most strollers became a big bummer on a daily basis. I didn't like lugging them in and out of my car (or how much of my trunk they took up). I didn't like running into doorframes or display racks with the edges of the tires. I really didn't like not fitting down some store aisles or not being able to easily maneuver around displays. Don't even get me started on trying to fit in changing rooms at stores!  I needed a narrower, lighter stroller, STAT.

After several failed attempts with other, less expensive brands, I finally closed my eyes and hit buy on the Bee. It arrived in all of its European-designed funky glory, and I wondered how I was going to deal with a stroller that didn't look entirely traditional. But as soon as I popped it together and had my daughter climb in, all my doubts evaporated. She immediately decreed, "Mommy, I wuv dis -troller!" and the push! My goodness, the push! The Bee g-l-i-d-e-s! Everything about the Bee immediately exceeded my expectations and made me a believer in the Bugaboo brand.

I've owned many iterations of the Bee over the past 5 years now: the "original" Bee Minus (as it's become to be known), the Bee Plus (or Bee +), the black framed Bee Plus, and the Bee3.  I've gotten adventurous and made my own custom canopies, tried out the baby cocoon when I had my 2nd child, added the Bugaboo rider board, imported a Twoo Seat to attach to the board so my oldest could grab a seat if she tired of standing... I.just.love.this.stroller.

If you are in the market for your first stroller, spare yourself the all too common mistake of buying "too much" stroller and buy the Bee straight away.  If the price scares you off, buy a used one off of Craigslist.  Even an old Bee Minus (identifiable by its solid white wheels, "wings" on the sides of the seat, and the extra large canopy) in good condition will be a far better stroller than most and should run you between $75 and $150 depending on your area.  The Bee Plus (white spoke wheels, a non-extendable canopy, 3-piece harness buckle) on the silver aluminum frame should run from $200-$350 depending on your area (assume $50 extra for the black frame).  You can always update a Bee Plus with the Bee3's basket (it's slightly larger), seat (fabric is different and the harness straps are 5 pieces), and extendable canopy (it zippers open to reveal an extra panel) should you feel the need for any of these parts.  There is also now a bassinet/carrycot for the Bee available as an additional piece.  Between me and you, I think the cocoon is more than sufficient for use with a newborn (and it's easier to cart around AND easier on your wallet).  But if your heart is really set on having the full pram look for your newborn, you can certainly splash out for the bassinet!



1 comment:

  1. Hey this is very nice information !
    Buy bugaboo bee plus hood by lovee.com in affordable price range.......

    ReplyDelete